Personality (English: Personhood), also known as personality, refers to the state of being an individual in philosophy. The definition of personality is a controversial topic in philosophy and law and is closely related to legal rights, the political concept of nationality, equality and freedom before the law. The field of law generally believes that only natural persons and legal subjects have rights, protected qualifications, common responsibilities and legal liabilities.
Personality (English: Personality ), also translated as a character, refers to the integration and unity of human psychological characteristics. It is a relatively stable structural organization. And it affects people’s implicit and explicit psychological characteristics and behaviour patterns at different times and regions. The word “personality” in Western languages (for example, personnalité in French and personality in English ) is mostly derived from the Latin persona, that is, “mask”, which implies the social function of “personality”.
Attributes of Personality
- Integrity: Personality is a whole showing a person’s psychological characteristics from a behavioural pattern, and it constructs a person’s inner psychological characteristics. It is often reflected in a certain behaviour of an individual, and this behaviour can bring out the overall psychological characteristics of the person.
- Stability: Personality is composed of multiple character traits, and its structure is relatively stable. This stability of personality can be manifested in different times and regions. But this kind of stability is not completely immutable. For example, an individual’s personality can reflect different aspects in different situations. It can also be temporarily restricted by some things, which leads to corresponding changes in this nature of personality. For example, post-life stress.
- Individuality: The combination structure of personality is diverse, which leads to differences in personality between people. Although some characteristics between people can be the same, they are still different in terms of overall personality.
- Motivation and adaptability: Personality supports people’s behaviour, drives people to tend to or avoid certain behaviours, and it is also an important aspect that constitutes a person’s internal driving force. This driving force has nothing to do with emotions. It can be said to be one This kind of strength is born with. This driving force is adaptable to human life.
- Naturality and sociality: Personality does not exist completely in isolation. Social and cultural aspects and natural aspects have a very important impact on personality. It can even be said that they are also one of the main factors in the formation of personality. In other words, personality is largely influenced by social culture. However, the personality of the individual or in nerve anatomy physiological characteristics based.
- Temperament: Temperament is the dynamic attribute of mental activity determined by physiology, especially nerve structure and function, and is manifested by the energy and time characteristics of behavior. Some scholars believe that temperament is the basis for the formation of personality, the natural basis, and internal reason for personality development.
- Personality: Personality refers to a person’s consistent and stable psychological characteristics, way of thinking, and behaviour. In psychology, its definition is almost the same as personality, but in fact, they are different. Character is an important part of the personality. It is part of the personality that involves social evaluation. It can be said that personality is the embodiment of the social attributes of personality.[/expand]
- Minnesota Multiple Personality Questionnaire
- Five personality traits
- Trait theory
- Personality psychology
- Ape personality