How to write a novel
A novel is a fictional, narrative text with a certain depth. In This Article, We Learn How to write a novel (writing a novel) or writing a romance novel. A good novel is not only derived from life but also higher than life, allowing readers to discover truth and humanity from the fictional world. or How to start writing a novel about your life. No matter what type of novel you want to write-literature or business, romance or science fiction, war epic or family drama. You need to have unlimited creativity, focus and perseverance to complete the entire process from drafting, a revision to editing.
Writing a novel is a matter of imagination, and you never know when a good idea will burst out, so you might as well take a notebook and a pen. Write down your ideas at any time. Hear a certain sound while squeezing the bus in the morning and get inspired. You may come up with a good idea when you daze in a cafe in a lazy afternoon. You can’t predict when the inspiration will come. So no matter when or what Do not miss a good opportunity to How to write a novel observe and listen.
Key Points(How to write a Novel)
- Don’t wait for inspiration to come to you. The writing process is a bit like digestion, only input can produce output. For example, do you think that sometimes an idea will suddenly appear in your mind, and when you think of this idea, you are doing something unrelated? You have observed something. It has entered your subconscious to be processed, and sometime later, it has returned to your consciousness. Your best ideas may come from this type of experience. The randomness of these inspirations can help you create amazing descriptions, smart metaphors, and unexpected plot reversals.
- To be a writer, you must always be inspired. Sometimes writers feel that they lack inspiration. This problem exists for almost all authors, and the best solution is to actively seek inspiration.
- Inspiration does not have to be found only in books. TV shows, movies, and even a museum visit are all sources of inspiration!
- Use a notebook to jot down fragments and sentences. These may become an important part of a complete story.
- Recall all the stories you have come into contact with—the childhood fairy tale that grandma told you, a news clip that made you think a lot, or a ghost story that scared you.
- Memories of a certain childhood or old-time linger in your mind from time to time. Maybe it’s the mysterious death of a woman in your town, the strong pet mink complex of your old neighbour, or the out-of-town travel you keep thinking of. For example, the depiction of Bing in “A Hundred Years of Solitude” is based on the author’s own experiences as a child.
2. Consider the Type of Novel Most Important
Most of the book readers or novel reader wist to read writing a romance novel. Not every paragraph when writing a novel can be clearly classified, but it is still useful to consider which type of novel you tend to write and its audience. Once you have chosen the general direction, read through the main works in this genre to have a deep understanding of how to construct this genre of the novel framework. If you haven’t figured out which type you want to develop, or if you are not limited to a certain type, that’s okay-knowing what you want to write is more important than sticking to a specific type. Consider the following options:
If You Can’t Write or Speak English Well Click Here to Improve English Speak English well
Novel Main Key Points
- Literary novels are more artistic and usually have profound ideas. They make extensive use of symbolism and various complicated rhetorical methods. You may wish to read more classic works by masters and refer to the book list listed in The Guardian.
- Commercial novels (writing a romance novel) are mainly used to entertain the public, with a huge circulation, which is subdivided into several categories, including science-fiction, mystery, thriller, romantic novel, fictional historical story and so on. Usually, these types of novel development routines can be followed, and they will be written as a long series.
- There are still many intersections between literary novels and commercial novels. Many novelists who write science fiction and thriller stories are still capable of creating works that are as complex and in-depth as writers of literary novels. The best-selling novels do not represent them. It is popular rather than artwork.
- No matter which genre you like or choose, you have read as many works in this genre as possible until you are fully prepared. This will allow you to fully understand the writing style and tradition of this genre, and think about how to enrich it. Or challenge this style of tradition.
- Doing research also includes reading other novels in the style of writing you follow. For example, if your novel is narrated from the perspective of a Frenchman with the background of World War II, then read other novels with similar themes and perspectives and think about how your novel distinguishes it from other novels.
3. Set the Background
Once you have decided which type how to start writing a novel about your life (or multiple types) of the novel to write, start to imagine the background of your novel. This background doesn’t just mean a certain city. Where your character lives, an entire fictional universe needs you to create. The background of your structure will determine the emotional tone of the novel and affect the dilemmas that your character will face. set a romantic novel as writing a romance novel. As you outline the new world you create, think about these questions:
- Is it roughly based on what you are familiar with in real life?
- Does it happen now, or at another time?
- Does it happen on Earth, or in some fictional place?
- Will it be concentrated in or near a city, or will it expand to a series of locations?
- Will it last more than a month, a year, or decades?
- How to start writing a novel about your life?
- Is it shrouded in negative emotions, or can it inspire optimism?
4. Create the Main Role
The most important role in a novel is the protagonist. They should have a recognizable personality and thinking. They don’t have to be likable, but they must be a certain type of person that may exist in reality, so that readers can Be interested in the story. After all, one of the great joys of reading a novel is to see yourself through the characters in the novel and imagine yourself living in a fictional world through the novel.
Key points (Main Role)
- The characters in your novel don’t have to be cute, but they must be interesting. Like Humbert Humbert in “Lolita“,(Lolita writing a romance novel) this character is despicable, but also full of charm because of it.
- Your novel can also have more than one protagonist, you can set multiple protagonists to attract readers’ interest, and you can also tell the story through a multi-angle narrative.
- The world you create also needs the participation of other people. Think about who might interact with the protagonist, such as friends.
- It is not necessary to decide who is the protagonist before starting to create, because, in the process of creation, you will gradually find that the real protagonist may be a small character that is inconspicuous at the beginning, or appears in the process of writing. Some characters you don’t want them to appear.
- Many novelists( Who writing a novel) say that they will imagine the characters as real characters, think about how real people will react in a certain situation, and then try to make the characters appear close to reality. The people you create must be completely conceived in your mind. In your opinion, letting them enter the virtual world together is a natural thing.
5. Create the Plot
No matter which type of writing a novel, there will be conflicts of different degrees. A contradiction needs to be constantly prepared, increase tension,(in How to start writing a novel about your life there is no . and then reach the climax of the plot, and finally solve this contradiction in some way, but this does not mean that all novels All have a happy ending, and more emphasis is on providing motivation for the character’s behaviour and creating a channel for the changes and meanings in the subsequent development of the novel.
- There is no fixed pattern for the plot routine is an excellent novel. Although the traditional writing method is to develop the plot (lay the details, increase the tension), develop the conflict (the main contradiction of the writing a novel), and finally solve the problem (the final result of the main contradiction), this is not the only writing mode.
- You can also start with a central contradiction and then use flashbacks to unfold the story. For example, if a girl comes home from her father’s funeral, readers will want to know what happened before seeing this beginning, which naturally leads to the central conflict of the novel.
- Your novel doesn’t have to completely “solve” the contradiction, and it’s OK to leave a fascinating ending.
- Novels do not have to be linear structures. How to start writing a novel about your life. You can start from the present, switch between the past and the present, or start from the past, and then jump directly to 20 years later-as long as it is conducive to the development of the story, you can use it, Julio Cortázar (Julio Cortázar, The masterpiece Hopscotch by Argentine writer) is a representative work of nonlinear structure.
- Read your favourite novels and imitate their plot development characteristics. To study how novels are organized, it is even more interesting if it is a novel with a nonlinear structure.